Trees for Extremely Wet Areas
After a heavy rain excess water can collect and pool in low spots. Stagnant sitting water creates a muddy area which can become a breeding ground for pests, drown the root systems of many plants, and be quite unsightly. However, many species do well in this type of soil. Here are some great trees that can help soak up excess water in poor draining areas:
- Bald Cypress – Reaches 50 to 70 feet tall. Very adapted to most moisture levels
- River Birch – Reaches 40 to 60 feet in height. Thrives in stagnant wet areas
- Blackgum – Reaches 30-50 feet tall. Prefers moist, acidic soils. Tolerates poorly-drained soils and can grow in standing water
- Swamp White Oak – Reaches 50-60 feet tall. Easily grown in average, medium to wet, acidic soil in full sun
- Dawn Redwood – Reaches 70-100 feet tall. Appreciates consistent moisture. Tolerates some wet soils
- Willow Oak – Reaches 40-75 feet tall. Adapts to a wide range of soil conditions including clays with somewhat poor drainage
We were very pleased with the service and particularly the knowledge & professionalism of your staff. We would certainly recommend you.
We are very pleased with the plantings suggested by and picked out by Mike. The men arrived on time to plant the boxwood and witch hazel tree; dug out the stump and cleaned up. They were pleasant and helpful – we couldn’t have asked for a better team.
We were very pleased and impressed with Dan and his team. We love our new trees and garden.
Thank you so much for all the information you provide – the watering information, the emails and the flier. I read it all and have learned so much. My magnolia trees look surprisingly healthy considering the way they looked when I first called.
Kevin Seger provided expert advice and recommendations about tree maintenance and removal. He listened to my needs and provided a thorough and affordable proposal. On the day of the job, I was very impressed with crew leader, Dave and his team (Felix & Adam). They were professional, efficient, hard-working and very neat about clean-up.
An outstanding job on the four trees and clean-up after the work and removal. We would be happy to recommend your services to everyone – the best tree service we ever have had here in St. Louis.
Kevin was able to come out the same day I called and a crew was out the next day! Great prompt service. I was not at home when the work was done but results show they did a fine job.
Everyone came through as usual when I needed the crew to come back & take out the balance of the fire blight. They did not have a bucket the first time and were so nice and professional about coming back again.
Thank you again for responding to our urgent need after the storm took down our 2 trees & deposited them across our driveway. Your crew, as always, did a fabulous job. Professional, courteous & it is a pleasure doing business with your company.
We appreciate your knowledge and professionalism. Your employees are prompt and courteous and willing to do whatever needs to be done to complete the project. Cleanup was great.