Arborists, Climbers, Foreman, Trimmers
Tree trimming and maintenance operations are an important part of our business. The tree climber position performs general tree care operations (i.e., removals, pruning, cabling & bracing, lightning protection). Trimmers and Climbers must have experience trimming and climbing, bucket experience is helpful, a valid driver’s license (class B preferred), good communication skills, safety conscious and the ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screening.
This position requires:
- Basic climbing experience and skills, and proper use of rigging and climbing gear.
- Ability to prune any size tree without the use of spikes or gaffs.
- Ability to remove trees safely and efficiently.
- Ability to drive large standard transmission trucks.
- Strong Tree Identification Skills
- Ability to acquire ISA Arborist certification within one year.
- Having full knowledge of how all tree work equipment is used to complete work in the most efficient and safest way possible (i.e. chain saws, pole and hand saws, pole pruners, saddles, ropes, carabineers, aerial lift, and chipper equipment).
- Effectively participates in all job site safety briefings. Must be able to identify and mitigate on-site hazards (i.e. ensuring work areas are clearly and properly marked with cones, signs, etc.).
- The climber will also assist the ground crew with all jobs including removing debris, chipping brush, and cleaning up the site after each job.
- Positive attitude and an enthusiasm for learning and self- improvement.
Compensation is based on experience, but we pay competitive wages and we will match or exceed current wages if you can demonstrate your abilities and can meet our expectations.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Life Insurance (partially paid by company)
- Retirement plan and company match
- Boot allowance
- Other performance-based incentives
If you think you can make a positive contribution to our team, or would like more information, we require everyone to come onsite and fill out an application. If you are interested, please come in to talk with us!